Saturday, March 1, 2008

Texas - Spring Hath Sprung

Yep - I think our 3 minutes of winter are over and Spring hath sprung. Lookie what I found in my backyard the other day. Aren't they beautiful? I planted these last spring and they didn't look this good then.

The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo parade kicks off this morning. All the trail riders have been working their way to Memorial Park in Houston for the past week.........tying up traffic and generally pissing every one off........I'm mean sh$& the traffic's already bad in Houston and now this.........JUST KIDDING!!!! It's an awesome site. For the next 2 weeks all around the area you're gonna see every truck imaginable, trucks pulling horse trailers, covered wagons, cowboys, cowgirls, western wear, cowboy hats......it's big people.......really, really big. Check out these cowboy boots. This guy was probably on his way to the park..............

I wanted to go to the parade, but my DH has ANOTHER cold and he isn't feeling well so I never even mentioned it to him. Aren't I sweet? However, I'm going to ask him to proof read this for me......hehehehe...... then he'll see how thoughtful and considerate I am. It would have been fun though. I would have felt safe too, because our beautiful daughter, Officer Princess, is working the parade this morning after being up protecting and serving last night. Here's a picture of her at her graduation (with our 13 y/o punk grandson - I love you, Punk!!!!) from the Houston Police Department Academy. OH OH OH, what a proud night!!!!!

In honor of Texas' most famous rodeo - Here's a recipe for Crock Pot Mexican Corn Bread - This one's for you Joreen (Jennifer's Momma).

What you'll be a needin'

16 oz. can cream-style corn
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup oil
1 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup taco sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 medium onion, shopped
1 garlic clove, minced
4 oz. can diced green chilies
1 lb. ground beef, lightly cooked and drained

1. Combine corn, cornmeal, baking soda, salt, oil, milk eggs, and taco sauce. Pour half of mixture into slow cooker (aka crock pot).

2. Layer cheese, onion, garlic, green chilies, and ground beef on top of cornmeal mixture. Cover with remaining cornmeal mixture.

3. Cover. Cook on high 1 hour and then on low 3-1/2 - 4 hours, or only on low 6 hours.

BON APPETITE

Blessings!

No comments: