Sunday, February 24, 2008

Beef -- It's What's for Sunday Dinner!!!

I woke up this morning afraid (very afraid) to get out of bed. I was afraid every muscle in my body was gonna be stoved up from all the walking and bending over I did yesterday picking up trash off the highway. After the initial 15 minutes it took for me to be able to stand upright, and 3 ibuprofen, I was as good as new........well, maybe not new, but better anyway. But why do the bottom of my feet hurt, huh?

...........the pot roast looks very, very good Jennifer..........hmmmm......wonder if I could get there in time for dinner? What we're having (actually had last night) for dinner is *Skillet Tamale Pie* (with or without the skillet -- I'll explain later). I'd like to boast that there were NO leftovers!

What You'll Be A Needin'

1 pound ground beef
1 package Taco Seasoning Mix
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 can (small) of green chilies
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 can (14 ounces) kidney beans OR pinto beans OR ranch style beans (I use the latter), undrained
3/4 cup water
1 package (8 ounces) corn muffin mix
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup sliced green onions

1. Brown meat, with onions and bell pepper in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat
2. Stir in seasoning mix, tomato sauce, beans (only one kind -- not all 3 that I mentioned) and water. (I also added a can of green chilies to mine -- yum). Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 10 minues.
3. Meanwhile, prepare corn muffin mix as directed on package.

With the skillet:

Drop small spoonfuls of batter over meat. Cover. Cook on low heat 15 minutes or until corn bread is cooked through. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Cover. Cook on low heat until cheese is melted.

Without the skillet (Preheat oven to 400):

Pour meat mixture into a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Drop small spoonfuls of batter over meat. Sprinkle cheese (however much you want) over meat and then sprinkle green onions on top. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or until cornbread and cheese is a golden brown.

Makes 6 (1-cup) servings

I don't gots no pictures to show you cause everyone ate it to fast................... :( I guess I could have taken pictures of everyone after dinner............all bloated and half asleep watching TV ...........hahahaha.........now there's a pretty picture.......lol. BON APPETITE!

Blessings!

No comments: