Monday, June 23, 2008

Patience


I was watching Oprah this afternoon and just happened to look out the window in the back door and saw this yearling in our backyard. She's standing at the back of our property. It's very dry here as we haven't had any rain in a while and I worry about these guys (ahem....young ladies).

What's cool, is she knows I was there, and occasionally she looked up at me and would then go back to eating dust. She's actually standing beneath a pear tree we have. It doesn't have much fruit on it this year, but the deer just love it. I need to go check and see if they've eaten any of it

After awhile she sauntered over to a horse trough we have (minus the horse) and started drinking out of it. I made mental note to clean it out and fill it with fresh water. My lab uses this trough to dunk his frisbee and then go diving for it.


I love deer and I love watching them. They're good to eat too..........OOPS! Sorry if I offended anyone.

A couple of weeks ago I bought some geranium's and planted them in my front flower bed in between some yellow mums. It was sooooo pretty, the red and yellow together. One day I went outside and my husband wanted to know why the red flowers had disappeared so fast. My head snapped over to look at the geraniums and sure nuff........the pretty red flowers were gone. Not only were the flowers gone, but most of the entire plant was missing. It was then that I remembered the geraniums were popular to decorate cakes and salads with and that if we eat them, deer eat them...........grrrrrrrrr......

Here's a photo of her peeking over the bench at me. Geranium eating monster that she is. She knows what she did. That very night we went out to dinner and when we drove into our driveway, I noticed 3 or 4 of the suckers in our next door neighbor's yard. One had bedded down under our mesquite tree. "OH HOW CUTE" I said. Unaware that the little devil's were just waiting for us to go into the house and shut off the lights so they could wreak carnage on my beloved geraniums........


I think she heard me cussing her cause she started to sneak off on tippy toes. She knows what she did.

When does hunting season start?

No comments: