Sunday, March 16, 2008

Snot Cam

I have the plague and I think my dh gave it to me. Bless his pointy little head. I think I’ve been trying to get sick for a week. All week I was coughing and sneezing and then *POW*, Friday morning I woke up all congested. Me and 47 million other people woke up congested. I don’t have time for this. I have quilts to make, bracelets to make, carrots to sculpt out of salt dough and our granddaughter is having her birthday party (she’s 5) here at our house next Saturday and I have a million and one things to do to get ready for that………. *GASP*.

You know when you get a cold or sinus infection, how your eyes swell up until you can’t see anything and your nose is so packed with snot you can’t breath (just keep‘n it real folks). I hate that. I, for one, like being able to breath. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling and I tend to get very cranky when I can’t breath.

So this morning I wake up…….trudge into the bathroom and make the mistake of looking in the mirror……more gasping. Because I have moderate sleep apnea, I use a CPAP machine at night so in addition to the swollen snot encrusted eyes, I have strap marks all over my face. My face literally looks like I fell asleep, face down, on a lawn chair. It was very scary.

I was talking to Jennifer this morning and told her since I wasn’t feeling well, I was having trouble thinking of something to *blog* about. She emphatically told me *NO SNOT PICTURES*. And then I got to thinking. For all you people out there that just HAVE to know why things happen, wouldn’t it be great if someone created a NASAL CAM (aka proboscis cam, schnoz cam, beak cam, snot cam)??? Then maybe we could find the answer to the oldest question on earth……… where does all this snot come from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now there’s something to think about………

Blessings!

No comments: