Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sandi's Shrimp Salad

Guess what I did this morning? I picked up trash off the highway for 2 hours. And no, I'm not a convict and while I was doing community service, it wasn't cause I misbehaved. Our group of Methodist Men at our church (I know I'm not a man...........but I was helping my man) adopted 2 miles (although at the time it seems like 10 miles) of highway and it's our responsibility to pick up trash. So I was awakened with coffee and told to get my lazy a$$ out of bed at 5:30 a.m.................*sigh*. I got my lazy arse out of bed and I didn't scream, kick, spit or pout once.........not even a little bit. I was proud of myself indeed! And now that's it's done, do I feel good about it? Well.................my back hurts, and like a dumba$$ I wore my brand new cowgirl rubber boots (they actually look like pointy toed witches boots - see picture below) and they rubbed a blister on each one of my calves and pinched my toes so bad I started getting cramps in my tooties. Great, now I'm crippled...........HAHAHAHAHA.....................NOT!!! Fortunately I brought along a pair of tennis shoes and my husband picked me up and took me back to church and I was able to put on my tennis shoes..........ahhhhhhhhhhh....sweet relief.


Okay people, if you make this salad and serve it to guests I promise you people will start dropping to their knee's and kissing your tooties to get the recipe (except for Jennifer and her family - they're all allergic to shrimp -- hehehehe........more for the rest of us!!!!!). For the best ever flavor, this really needs to be prepared 1-2 days in advance, to let the flavors blend.

Things You'll be a Needin'

1 lb. medium sized shrimp, peeled, deveined and boiled (use your favorite shrimp/crab boil - following the directions on the box for boiling)
Mayonnaise
1 bunch of green onions, chopped - including some of the green tops
1 large dill pickle, chopped
1 Tbsp. of Old Bay Seasoning

After boiling your shrimp and peeling and deveining (is that a word???), cut each one in half (bite size pieces) and place in a bowl with the chopped green onions, the chopped dill pickle and the Old Bay Seasoning. Add enough mayonnaise to just coat everything lightly. You don't want the salad runny. Mix well and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night. To serve, you can place the salad on a bed of lettuce on a platter or in a bowl. With or without crackers. This makes about 4 servings and the recipe can be doubled, or tripled VOILA! It's done!!!! BON APPETITE!!!

Blessings!

No comments: