- Bratz dolls will leave the market at the end of the year, to tweens' dismay
- Mattel sued Bratz, claiming Bratz dolls' creator came up with concept while at Mattel
- Mattel sued Bratz manufacturer MGA Entertainment Inc., and last week a federal judge ordered MGA to cease making the dolls immediately and to stop selling them after the holiday shopping season ends.
- Some parents prefer Barbies to Bratz because of Barbies' more wholesome image
- Others feel Barbies present an unhealthy, unrealistic image
"I like Bratz better. They have more fancy clothes, and they look more cool," Sierra said.
Cassell acknowledged that Barbie bodies "are a little unrealistic."
Theresa Hawkesworth of South Africa believes Bratz dolls rather than Barbies are a more positive influence for her 12-year-old daughter, Emma. "Because their faces and their makeup are so extreme it's almost impossible that a young girl could look like that," Hawkesworth said. "Whereas with Barbie dolls, the young girls think that they need that beautiful hair and that beautiful body, and when they don't look like a Barbie they have that poor self-image."
So here are some pictures of the Bratz dolls. Don't get me wrong, I love Barbie. Had them when I was little and buy them today for the little ones in my family. I personally don't see anything wrong with the Bratz dolls. Have you ever been to a Junior High School lately? The tweens dress just like this.
Again, they look like normal tweens to me.
Look, Bratz dolls in formals
Now let's look at some of the new "wholesome" image Barbie Dolls. What's with the Daggers? Look out Ken. Every child should wear those leather thigh bands too. Great Image!
Here we have "Diamond Barbie" Belly dancing? Yeah, I know tons of little girls that belly dance. Don't you? Couldn't they put a smaller bikini top on this Barbie? Pull up the top there missy! Oh wait you can't, isn't much there to adjust! This Barbie must weigh like 80 pounds. Nice abs! Wholesome!
Here's another Bikini Barbie. Nice Hair with the "colored weave" in her hair. Trashy? At least she has bottoms on. I bought a Barbie the other day and she didn't have any underwear. With the price we pay for Barbie, shouldn't they be able to afford to put underwear on them?
Beach Fun Barbie. Look mom, can I get a tattoo just like my Barbie Doll? Note the short-shorts.