Thursday, November 20, 2008

It Surely Can't Be Worth It????

At 6:45am this morning my boyfriend calls me and says, "hey, what in the heck is selling at Target that people are lined up all around the building already?" I had to think. I had NO IDEA. Tickle Me Elmo? Cabbage Patch Kids? Limited Edition Holiday Barbie? Robert the Robot? Salad Shooter? The Original Chia Pet?










Ready for this???




Nope.....come to find out one of our local radio stations released it's 20th Anniversary CD of various artists. THAT'S IT???? STAND IN LINE FOR THIS?










1. Jason Mraz - I'm Yours - audio
2. Needtobreathe - More Time - audio
3. Ingrid Michaelson - The Way I Am - audio
4. David Gray - Twilight - audio
5. Matt Nathanson - Come On Get Higher - audio
6. Duffy - Mercy - audio
7. Matchbox Twenty - 3am - audio
8. A Fine Frenzy - Almost Lover - audio
9. Gavin Rossdale - Love Remains The Same - audio
10. Bell X1 - Eve the Apple of my Eye - audio
11. Darius Rucker - Let Her Cry - audio
12. Jeremy Messersmith - 702 - audio
13. Sara Bareilles - Love Song - audio
14. Brett Dennen - Ain't No Reason - audio
15. Landon Pigg - Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop - audio
16. Lowen and Navarro - We Belong - audio


DISC TWO


1. Missy Higgins - Where I Stood - audio
2. Jack Johnson - Times Like These - audio
3. Sheryl Crow - Love Is Free - audio
4. BoDeans - Hearing - audio
5. OneRepublic - Stop And Stare - audio
6. Brandi Carlile - Turpentine - audio
7. Eric Hutchinson - Rock and Roll - audio
8. Augustana - Sweet and Low - audio
9. Tristan Prettyman - Madly - audio
10. The Waterboys - Fisherman's Blues - audio
11. Dave Barnes - Until You - audio
12. Brendan James - Hero's Song - audio
13. Newton Faulkner - Teardrop - audio
14. The Glad Version - Can't Wait For October - audio
15. Paolo Nutini - Everybody's Talkin' - audio



So then I read this:


35,000 of these double CD’s will be available for $29.97 with 100% of the proceeds going to charity.


With your purchase, a sell-out will generate $1,000,000 for adults, animals, and children in need throughout Minnesota including the homeless, the hungry, the disabled, seniors, families, women and seriously ill children.



Available at 8am Thursday November 20th exclusively at metro Target stores.


I see it's for a great cause!!! Now I feel bad that maybe I should have been standing in line with the rest of the people this morning.


Have any of you stood in a line for hours? If so, FOR WHAT? DO TELL!!!!


HAPPY THURSDAY!!!

- Jennifer

18 comments:

Mama Dawg said...

I've yet to find anything (other than the lines at Disney World) that's worth standing in line for.

Dr Zibbs said...

I thought it was for the new That Blue Yak Easy Bake Oven.

Verdant Earl said...

I refuse to stand in line for anything other than a bathroom at a crowded pub.

And even then the fern in the corner starts to look inviting.

Jon said...

Wow, and here I thought Minnesota was an incredibly boring place, with nothing to do except stand around in the cold weather. Thanks for the clarification!

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Jon - Close......All we do here in Minnesota is stand around in the cold weather and drink beer!

LYDIA said...

When the XBOX 360 came out a few years ago (atleast I think that's what I was trying to get)- I waited all night outside of Circuit City to *attempt* to purchase one for my little brothers. They were only selling 10. I didn't get one, but the boy I was dating did. I was so mad! He sold it on eBay.

Unknown said...

I remember those days when that CD came out... Ahhhh Minnesota.

I stood in line all night when the IKEA opened in Minnesota... i missed a free chair by 3 people...dern it.

Sarah said...

That is hilarious! My boyfriend called me at work before 7 am too asking what was going on at the Target in Coon Rapids. He thought there was a shooting. LOL - nope, just the cd release!

BTW - I haven't stood in line for one of these before, or anything for that matter. :)

Sass said...

I stood in line for 45 minutes once, for a Wii. And I nearly started a fight between the guy in front of me and the couple behind me.

Sometimes I'm tempted to just stop and stand in one of those lines when I see them. Just to see what I can stir up.

Anonymous said...

I don't usually stay in any of them lines. I always have to pee.

#1

Susie said...

Good cause but I would get up that early for it:-)

Rhea said...

That is for a good cause...but not something I would stand in line for. I'm a line snob...

Michelle said...

Never, ever, ever, never!!!

Nope i do not stand in lines for anything on purpose!!!

Black friday scares me!!!

K and/or K said...

I had a co-worker who stood out there for the CD today. Brrrrr!
The only event I could do this for would be Twins World Series tickets. For them, I would.

Unknown said...

I stood in line overnight for the Krispy Kreme Donuts opening. I wish that I were joking, but I'm not. Quick side note - I'm not fat. Promise.

Cowguy said...

I stood in line for 2 minutes at Wal Mart yesterday waiting to pay for a Slim Jim a chocolate milk and toilet paper.

Tracy Griffin - Artist said...

I would love to get my hands on this cd! I love citites 97 and a friend of a friend sings for Glad Version. But, I'm not quite ready to stand in line in freezings temps for it!

Anonymous said...

hmmmm
Nope, I have never stood in line for anything except maybe a ride at Hershey Park.

BUT.....when TBYEBO comes out....bet your ass I will be in line......

peace
#2