Friday, November 14, 2008

I Think I Have A Cold?

I think I hab a code and I don't like it. I think Sandi gave me her cold she had last week!!! Each year when I get one I am forever trying to beat the darn thing and find remedies (FAST ONES) that will help get rid of it. I know, scientist have
been trying to do this for years but I get more and more determined each time I get one.



"They Say"
Cold remedies: What works!


  • Water and Fluids

  • Gargle with Salt Water

  • Saline Nose Sprays

  • Chicken Soup

  • Over the counter meds

  • Get a humidifier

"They Say" Cold remedies: What doesn't work!



  • Antibiotics

  • Antihistamines

  • Over the counter cough syrups


"They Say" Cold remedies: What probably doesn't hurt!



  • Vitamin C

  • Echinacea

  • Zinc


So I guess what "they" are saying is. Stay in bed, drink, gargle, spray crap up your nose, eat soup, take what ever over the counter medicines you remember from a commercial, stay away from Tylenol because that will cause serious liver damage (great) and go spend a couple of hundred bucks on a humidifier.


I think I'll stick it out once again and take the cheap route, my vitamin C, Zinc and Echinacea. Speaking of Echinacea, it's a beautiful flower. One of my favorites actually!!! That alone should make one feel much better. Here's a picture of the "Purple Cone Flower" (Echinacea). I take a echinacea pill every day, have for years but that alone obviously isn't working for me.


Does anyone have any other suggestions for cold remedies?

Sincerely yours,

I Hab A Code! - Jennifer

15 comments:

Mama Dawg said...

Cut your head off.

If you don't wanna do that, I got nuttin'.

That's what I always feel like doing when I get one.

Sorry you feel so crappy!

Dr Zibbs said...

I do Zinc and drink tons of water. Always seems to work.

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Now where did I put that Sawz-All?

- Jennifer

Tracy Griffin - Artist said...

Hey Jennifer! I learned something new from you today! I had no idea that the purple cone was also Echinacea! I love the photo!!

My favorite cold remedy is to sleep through the dang thing! Nyquill and one OTC sleeping pill does the trick for me!

If you can't sleep through it, at least disguise the symptoms with medication. Dayquill is nice during the day, then sleep good at night.

Good luck sister!!
Hang in there!

Hmmm... maybe a shot of wild turkey along with the evening nyquill... oh, that might put you over the edge and certainly goes against the directions on the box. :) So, never mind that.
-wink wink nudge nudge-

Love,
Tracy

Unknown said...

I think ice cream helps a lot.

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

Freshly chopped garlic mixed with honey. Two spoonfuls.

That's the best I got.

Blessings!
Lacy

Susie said...

Ahhhhh...get well soon. Being sick sucks:-(

Michelle said...

Well you could try this but its better before the cold acutally shows its ugly head:
1 quart of freshly sqeezed OJ with the juice of 1 lemon squeezed in. Then drink very quickly and go to sleep! I swear it works!

But, since you alreayd have the cold you can do that plus honey!! Just take a spoonful of honey.

Thats all i got for you!!

Have a great weekend if you can!!!

Sass said...

I have one, but can't think of what it's called.

I'm a big effin' help, aren't I.

ZICAM.

That's it.

OR spray chicken noodle soup up your nose, gargle with saline spray, soak your feet in honey and use tylenol suppositories.

I think that's the ticket. Think outside the box.

Cowguy said...

I do everything Sass does and insist that everyone around me does the same, this includes strangers on the street.

Oh and eat bacon.

:-)

Get well soon, brush twice a day, don't forget to write home, wipe real good and say your prayers.

Jace

Anonymous said...

Lay on the couch and watch movies all day. Works for me !

#1

Jennifer and Sandi said...

I want some of what Sass has been smoking! THAT'S FUNNY STUFF!

I like Tracy's idea to! Wild Turkey will fix everything!!!

On a lighter note.....sorry bout the code Jenn......i know you feel like crab......

Love you!
Sandi

LYDIA said...

Echinacea really is a beautiful flower!

So when the weather turns cold, I begin sleeping with a humidifier every night. I love them! I also like Emer-gen-C when I am trying to keep a cold away.

When I am sick, I love chicken noodle soup (Lipton or the homemade kind) and 7-UP.

My husband has been sick since Saturday. I don't think he has moved from the couch since then. No, seriously.

Sass said...

*scratching my head* How did I forget the bacon?

Thanks, Cowguy. Seriously. My tips were completely for naught without the bacon.

Duh.

Anonymous said...

was Sass a nurse at Guantanamo Bay?