Friday, August 29, 2008

It's That Time of Year

It's Candid Carrie's Phryday Foto Phiesta!! .....scurry on over there....HURRY UP and it's time for the Minnesota State Fair Great Get Together and I'm a Fair-Natic!!

I haven't been to our State Fair in over ten years. This is due to the fact that I just moved back to Minnesota 3 years ago. I am SO EXCITED!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Fair.

Time to consume everything and anything possible you can put on a stick.

"Hot Dish on a Stick", "Smore's on a Stick", "Cheese Curds on a Stick" (YUCK) won't be trying those, "Spaghetti & Meat Balls on a Stick" (Gotta try that one to see how that's done)!

This years favorite is suppose to be from Famous Dave's and called "PIG LICKERS". Bacon covered in dark chocolate with sea salt. Doesn't that look heavenly??

Well I'm off now....tapping my foot on the floor waiting for Larry to take me to the fair!




Have a safe and wonderful holiday weekend everyone!!

- Jennifer

21 comments:

Susie said...

Oh my God!!! That is a PMS dream!!!

Nik said...

I'm just not feeling it.....I hope they were good though. I know many might enjoy it!

T said...

Now, what an odd combination! Really?!?! Chocalate and bacon?!?! Strange!

Teri said...

I have to admit that I would probably try that bacon. Heck, you only live once, right?

Right?

Found you on Candid Carrie.

careysue said...

Wow! I have to admit that looks kind of gross...I probably would try a bit though and I'd probably like it!

I love fairs as well, went every year when I was a kid!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I'm not licking any pigs. No way!
But I still want to try a fried pickle.
Found you at Candid Carries.

Jennifer said...

I'm all over that combo! I recently bought a chocolate bar w/ bacon in it--it was Da Bomb!

Rhea said...

Everything IS on a stick, wow. lol

I've never been to a Texas State Fair, and I know they're awesome. I guess I should try it out this year.

debi9kids said...

HOLY COW! That is one "interesting" snack (???)

I would just have to try it, just to see....

Lori said...

I'd better not let my 8yo and 6yo see this post or they'll be calling each other "pig lickers" all day. Have fun at the Fair!

JWilson said...

I am dying to hear how that taste from someone who has tried it. If I hear someone that actualyl likes it I might try it.

A New Yorker said...

Well now I've seen it all! :-)

Kelly said...

I love all the food on "a stick", but I'm not adventureous enough for this one!

Dr Zibbs said...

Lookin' tasty!

Rhonda said...

Fat, sodium and sugar? Hmmmm, I'm not sure if I would be brave enough to try it!

Unknown said...

JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily said...

I am on Weight Watchers and that would be all my points for a whole day! Or two..
But man, when I was pregnant, I could have put a HURTIN on that!!
Nice!

Anonymous said...

I love it....except for the bacon and sea salt part! ;)

Sunshine said...

Ew! I can't go there...

We do love the fairs though! Have fun!

Trooper Thorn said...

That is genius food. Can you dip them in blue cheese dressing and crumbled sausage?

Cowguy said...

You 2 KNOW I love bacon.