Friday, March 7, 2008

Scary Day in Texas

I can't tell you how excited I was to stagger out of bed this morning at 6:20 am (about an hour late) so I could drive (actually be chauffered) to work 50 miles from home............NOT! My husband and I both start our day in downtown Houston every freakin' morning. This morning started out like any other except for the part where he announced half way to Houston, while we're in the middle of the HOV Lane on I-10, rather calmly, that he felt like he was going to pass out............at first I thought he was kidding. So me being the idiot that I am said..............*are you serious*? When I looked at him he was blinking very fast and blowing air out of his mouth in short puff's. He say's.....*I'm serious and I have a burning sensation throughout my entire torso*........I say PULL OVER........He says.....wait until we get to a place where I can pull over.......I said PULL OVER (cause now I'm envisioning playing bumper cars in the HOV lane at 65 mph -- plus if I have to call 911, how the hell are they going to get to us......am I going to have to meet an ambulance somewhere......where?.....). FINALLY, we came to a place in the HOV lane where we actually could pull over without causing a MAJOR traffic jam. Quickly, he and I traded places. I got behind the wheel and started driving. I took him to the nearest Emergency Room which happened to be probably 5 miles away. He had the same feeling 3-4 more times with the burning sensation going all the way to his feet. When we got there, they took him immediately into Triage (where he had another episode) and ran an EKG, CAT scan, chest x-ray and blood work...........all of which came back normal........THANK YOU SWEET JESUS! They have no idea why this happened to him. We went to see our family doctor this afternoon and she had no idea why this happened either. But she didn't rule out a possible panic attack..........YIKES. Scared the crapola out both of us.

Kiss your loved ones before you go to bed tonight and tell them that you love them!!! Never assume that they know that................

Blessings!

No comments: