Thursday, February 21, 2008

MN GOULASH



















Well here's my end of the stick as promised, my pot of real Minnesota Goulash. Sandi's probably still driving in that vast land of Texas traffic trying to get home. She works in the BIG CITY and lives in the country so it takes her a gazillion hours to get home.

Recipe? I have none. Anything red in the refrigerator goes in the pot...Kidding, MN talk. Here's what I did to create this heavenly dish.


  • Brown 2 #'s of hamburger
  • Dice celery and onions and sweat those off in some butter.
  • Boil the noodles per box directions. I lived on the edge here and tried Egg Noodles. Yeah, the liberal me.......... I didn't go for the traditional elbow macaroni noodles but those work too.

  • Plop in a large stock pot the noodles, hamburger, celery & onions.

  • Add 3 large cans of tomato sauce and I mean the HUGE can's

  • Dice up some raw carrots. I use lots of carrots in all my tomato based sauces.

  • Add 2 cans of tomato soup

  • Add one can of dark red kidney beans

  • Add two cans of muchrooms

  • Add one can of corn

  • Add three cans of Ro-Tel diced tomato's w/green chili's

  • Add numerous shakes of salt, pepper, and crushed red peppers.

I simmered this covered for two hours. It freezes very well. It's very good!!

Personal Note: If you like HOT, in my next batch I'm going to add diced serrano and jalapeno peppers. I lived in Mexico for four years and have a love for their food. More recipes to come on that food subject!!

Enjoy!
Jennifer

No comments: